Cousin Memories
Some of my fondest memories involve my cousins. So I appreciate the chance to sit down and write some of them down. When I was younger, I loved having our “Olson Reunions.” I remember going up to Aunt Deniece’s. We would go to their park, or just play in their fun yard. There would be a bunch of different games going on and you could pick what you wanted to do. It was great playing and interacting with all the cousins.
I always admired my older cousins, they seemed to have it all together. What I love about our family is that there is so much support. We would go to baby blessings, baptisms, homecomings, and farewells, and eventually weddings, and all of you did that for us as well. It was great to feel so much love and support from such a large family of aunts uncles, and cousins. I remember being asked to help serve at Tawnya’s wedding. I don’t know how much help I actually was, but it was great to feel so included, and great to be a part of a wedding like that. I think that was one of the first times that I helped at a wedding, and I felt so grown up being a part of that.
Football played and still plays such a part in memories with my cousins. I remember going to the games when I was young, and now, how fun it is to take my children to the games. I love how we will go to the games, talk with all the family, and then go to Aunt Denieces again to have great food and talk some more. It is great that something like that, that all the Olson’s feel so passionately about, can bring us closer as a family.
One thing that I really appreciate about our family is the consistency that we have our reunions, so we can stay up on everyone’s lives. I cannot remember a time when we did not have our Summer Reunion, and our Christmas Party. I think that is so great to have a tradition, that everyone can count on. It is amazing how time flies, the younger kids used to be my younger brothers and sisters. Now these reunions are filled with kids, the great grandkids of Grandma and Grandpa Olson. Sometimes I think about how much they would have liked to have seen us. They would have loved to have seen how our family, and our children have grown. Then I remember that they can see us, and are watching over us, and I know they are very happy about the tradition of these reunions.
Sandee
Some of my fondest memories involve my cousins. So I appreciate the chance to sit down and write some of them down. When I was younger, I loved having our “Olson Reunions.” I remember going up to Aunt Deniece’s. We would go to their park, or just play in their fun yard. There would be a bunch of different games going on and you could pick what you wanted to do. It was great playing and interacting with all the cousins.
I always admired my older cousins, they seemed to have it all together. What I love about our family is that there is so much support. We would go to baby blessings, baptisms, homecomings, and farewells, and eventually weddings, and all of you did that for us as well. It was great to feel so much love and support from such a large family of aunts uncles, and cousins. I remember being asked to help serve at Tawnya’s wedding. I don’t know how much help I actually was, but it was great to feel so included, and great to be a part of a wedding like that. I think that was one of the first times that I helped at a wedding, and I felt so grown up being a part of that.
Football played and still plays such a part in memories with my cousins. I remember going to the games when I was young, and now, how fun it is to take my children to the games. I love how we will go to the games, talk with all the family, and then go to Aunt Denieces again to have great food and talk some more. It is great that something like that, that all the Olson’s feel so passionately about, can bring us closer as a family.
One thing that I really appreciate about our family is the consistency that we have our reunions, so we can stay up on everyone’s lives. I cannot remember a time when we did not have our Summer Reunion, and our Christmas Party. I think that is so great to have a tradition, that everyone can count on. It is amazing how time flies, the younger kids used to be my younger brothers and sisters. Now these reunions are filled with kids, the great grandkids of Grandma and Grandpa Olson. Sometimes I think about how much they would have liked to have seen us. They would have loved to have seen how our family, and our children have grown. Then I remember that they can see us, and are watching over us, and I know they are very happy about the tradition of these reunions.
Sandee
4 comments:
Hi Janna...Nick and I hav a blog that you are welcome to link to this. We would love to be in more contact with everyone, especially since we are out of UT again and missed the reunion!
karlyandnicksfam.blogspot.com
We all missed seeing you at the Olson Cousin Connection. -- Aunt Darlene
It is nice to be one of the oldest grandchildren! Time spent with grandparents is a great moment in time. -- Aunt Darlene
It is nice to be one of the oldest grandchildren! Time spent with grandparents is a great moment in time. -- Aunt Darlene
Post a Comment