I have been trying to think of cousin memories for a while and have had a hard time coming up with something worth saying. I wasn't one of the older cousins that were around when Grandma was alive. I didn't think that I had anything interesting to share and then I started thinking about Grandpa and what a great person he is to me. Grandpa always talked about wanting to be with Grandma ever since I could remember but it wasn't until he finally got to be with Grandma that I realized how much he meant to me in my life! He was always there, for everything. He went to my softball games, award ceremonies, baptism, anything that was big in my life, but he was also there for all the small things too. I remember going to his ward in Orem and was amazed at how many people knew and loved my Grandpa. The women at Great Harvest Bread would always say how great our Grandpa was because he was the friendliest person they had ever met (he's always ride his bike down there and say hi to them). I just know that he showed me such an example of how to be friendly and love the people that were around me. I remember his funeral in Orem and in Starr Valley and all the people that were there and how hard it was for our family to say 'goodbye' to him. I am so thankful for the Olson family, because I have learned so much from being around people like you. Even though I wish I knew a lot of you better then I do, I know there is still time to get to know you and I am so thankful for this blog and the chance we have to get to know each other through different means!
Thanks!
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Krystine -- I LOVE your Memories! This really touched me and I have LOVED having a minute to reflect about Grandpa! We all had such different experiences with our Grandparents and I think by sharing them, we get to know them (our Grandparents) better and love them even more for the lives they lead and the legacy they left!
Oh, yes Grandpa Olson was the friendliest guy in town. Laron fits into that mold! --Aunt Darlene
Post a Comment